Our Main Sponsor

Thursday, December 13, 2007

DISPLACING FEAR WITH LOVE - One Bread, One Body, 12/13/2007

Read our brochure entitled, "The Secret of Confession"
http://www.presentationministries.com/brochures/SecretConfession.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 13, 2007, St. Lucy

Isaiah 41:13-20, Psalm 145, Matthew 11:11-15
Link to Readings --> http://www.usccb.org/nab/121307.shtml

DISPLACING FEAR WITH LOVE

"It is I Who say to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.' Fear not, O worm
Jacob, O maggot Israel; I will help you." —Isaiah 41:13-14

Our heavenly Father commands us three-hundred and sixty-five times in the
Bible to fear not and to trust in His help. Even if we feel like worms or
maggots (Is 41:14), helpless, hopeless, and tempted to hate ourselves, our
Father assures us we don't have to live in fear (see Lk 12:32). We can
trust in Him.

"Thus we may say with confidence: 'The Lord is my Helper, I will not be
afraid; what can man do to me?' " (Heb 13:6) By faith, we can say: "The
Lord is with me to help me, and I shall look down upon my foes" (Ps
118:7). "Though an army encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though
war be waged upon me, even then will I trust" (Ps 27:3). Our prayer should
be: "O Most High, when I begin to fear, in You will I trust. In God, in
Whose promise I glory, in God I trust without fear; what can flesh do
against me?" (Ps 56:4-5)

Our heavenly Father doesn't want His children to be fearful. His perfect
love for us will cast out all fear (1 Jn 4:18) if we "come to know and to
believe in the love God has for us" (1 Jn 4:16). This is the result of
Jesus' Incarnation and of Christmas. By the power of the Holy Spirit, the
only true Christmas Spirit, we are confirmed and assured that our Father
loves us. After our Father has given us His Son, is there any doubt about
His love? Is there any reason to fear? (see Rm 8:32)


Prayer: Father, enable me to live in Your love and not in fear (see Jn
15:9; Lk 12:32; 1 Jn 4:16).

Promise: "I solemnly assure you, history has not known a man born of woman
greater than John the Baptizer. Yet the least born into the kingdom of God
is greater than he." —Mt 11:11

Praise: St. Lucy chose martyrdom rather than marriage to an unbeliever.


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rescript: In accord with the "Code of Canon Law", I hereby grant my
permission to publish "One Bread, One Body" covering the period from
December 1, 2008 through January 31, 2008
†Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Vicar General Archdiocese of Cincinnati, July
30, 2007

The rescript is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be
free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have
granted ecclesial permission agree with the contents, opinions, or
statements expressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You can find One Bread, One Body archives, the letter to readers, OBOB
eBook edition, and an online donation form at
http://www.presentationministries.com/obob/obob.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2007 Presentation Ministries

To add your e-mail address to this list go to
http://www.presentationministries.com/general/emailList.asp

To remove your e-mail address from this list go to
http://www.presentationministries.com/general/emailList.asp?mode=r

No comments:

Post a Comment