Our Main Sponsor

Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Chapters

Source: Greg Laurie
When I completed 'Lost Boy', the book and the documentary, I was able to
look back on my life with 20/20 hindsight and get a sense of the big
picture. I could see that, despite my difficult childhood, God had used it
to help me do what I do today.

In fact, the film ended with my family walking down the street smiling. My
wife Cathe, my son Jonathan, my daughter-in-law Brittany, my granddaughter
Stella, and, of course, Christopher. It was almost as if to say, "They all
lived happily ever after."

Then Christopher unexpectedly died and everything changed. It was as though
the back cover of my book had been ripped off and new chapters were to be
added.

The ink is still wet on these new chapters in my life, and I am not sure how
how this story will unfold.

But I know this, God is good and He is still in control!

As I look back on my life, I can see how good the Lord has been to me and my
family. And my prayer is that He will be glorified through all that has
happened.

I would like to say this has all gotten easier, but it has not. In some
ways, it is even harder. The hard reality of not seeing my son again on this
earth is sinking in.

Yes, I know I will see him again in heaven, but I just so wish he could be
with us now. Fortunately, that day of reunion will come for me and all of us
who have loved ones who have gone to heaven before us.

When I spoke at the Southern California Harvest just a few weeks ago, I wove
in the story of my son and how this has affected us. But I also told people
that no matter how difficult your trials, God will be walking with you
through it.

Take the worst-case scenario in life-finding out you are going to die, or
having someone close to you die, or having your child die before you. Now
know this-Jesus will be there for you, tears in His eyes, walking with you.

You know certain things are true, but you wonder if you can still stand in
this hour. You can and you will, if you have Christ!

One man whose son had died wrote this about his faith: "Faith is a
footbridge that you don't know will hold you over the chasm until you're
forced to walk out unto it."

I am on that footbridge right now, and I can tell you, it's sound.

Yes, new chapters are being written in my story, and in yours too. May God
help us all seek to glorify Him as He writes them.

God bless you,

Greg Laurie
Useful link: www.harvest.org

No comments:

Post a Comment