Our Main Sponsor

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Discover your treasure house

Weekly Feature

Source: Michael Youssef
Are you feeling anxious? Everyday, around the world, we hear disturbing news
reports about the failure of major financial institutions, the growth of
unemployment, plummeting home prices, and natural disasters. These serve as
a reminder that we are not to put our security, or our treasure, in this
world.

There are countless ways we try to overcome insecurity and instability, but
pursuing answers outside of Christ is like drinking salt water - the more we
drink, the thirstier we become. Only Jesus Christ can provide water that
satisfies our deepest thirsts - living water that leads to eternal life.
(John 4:14)

True satisfaction and contentment will never come from material blessings.
Instead, there is a far better treasure house that Jesus Christ makes
available when we surrender our lives to Him. The Apostle Paul reminded us
of this treasure house when he wrote, "Praise be to the God and Father of
our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every
spiritual blessing in Christ" (Ephesians 1:3). Once we know Jesus as Lord,
we receive all the spiritual blessings He has provided in the heavenly
realm. He is our source of worth, lasting contentment, deep joy, and
fulfillment.

Because of His great love for us, God provides blessings beyond comparison.
He has redeemed us for eternity, and He walks with us throughout our
lifetime. He comforts us, protects us, delivers us, and sustains us.

Before the foundation of the earth, God knew each of us by name. He
orchestrated every detail of our lives and gave us spiritual eyes to see His
great salvation. Then, He gave us His Spirit to teach us all things and to
remind us of everything Jesus taught (see John 14:26).

Each one of us encounters difficulties - and as a result, some may pray, Oh
God, get me out of this trouble. Please, God - I'll be good. I will repay
You some day - just get me out of this mess.

Better still, we should pray: Lord, we both know that I'm in trouble, but I
know Your Word says, "Let not your heart be troubled." Lord, I am confident
that You have already blessed me with every spiritual blessing. You have
given me all the strength that I need to face these problems. I know that
You are walking with me, and that You promised you would never leave me or
forsake me. I thank You for hearing my concerns, and for providing a
solution. Help me to discern Your will, and to obey You faithfully. In
Jesus' name, Amen.

Why were we chosen and adopted as God's children? Why did Jesus pay so great
a price for our redemption? The answer is found in Ephesians 1:12: "For the
praise of his glory." This means that every aspect of our lives - regardless
of the difficulties - ought to be a sanctuary for praise, adoration, and
thanksgiving to God.

God's treasure house - with all of its contents - is made available so that
we can appropriate God's riches each day. Our security and treasure is not
in this world. It is in Christ. Are you fully aware of your treasure house
in Christ? It is His desire for you to embrace it and to receive it to the
fullest.

Useful link: www.leadingtheway.org

No comments:

Post a Comment