Our Main Sponsor

Thursday, August 21, 2008

HOW DRY I AM - One Bread, One Body, 8/22/2008

Read the latest issue of Pope Benedict XVI, Shepherd of Truth entitled
"Saint Paul" at:
--> http://www.presentationministries.com/BST/latestBST.asp

Pope Benedict XVI, Shepherd of Truth is designed as a bulletin insert
which you can use at your local church to keep up to date on what the Holy
Father is saying. You are free to reproduce it for this purpose.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, August 22, 2008, Queenship of Mary

Ezekiel 37:1-14, Psalm 107:2-9, Matthew 22:34-40
Link to Readings --> http://www.usccb.org/nab/082208.shtml

HOW DRY I AM

"How dry they were!" —Ezekiel 37:2

Are you feeling spiritually dry? Do you feel that God is looking at your
life and saying, "How dry you are"? At one time in my life I was
constantly surrounded by spirit-filled people, but felt so dry and far
from the Spirit that I'd given up hope of ever receiving His fullness (Jn
5:5ff). I was spiritually dry and I desperately needed living water (Jn
4:14). However, my life was fulfilling the saying: "You can lead a horse
to water, but you can't make him drink." I wanted the Spirit and a few of
His gifts, but I didn't want the Spirit to run my life.

"It is the Spirit that gives life" (Jn 6:63; Ez 37:5). It's the Holy
Spirit that gives the ability to love God and neighbor with our all (Mt
22:37). I knew these truths, but I only wanted the Spirit to give me a
half-life, not life to the full (Jn 10:10). I wanted new life, but didn't
want a new lifestyle (Mk 2:21-22).

For years, God soaked me with His sweet love through the Mass and the
Bible. Eventually, I came to Jesus and begged Him to immerse me in the
Holy Spirit (Jn 7:38; Mk 1:8), even if I had to change my entire life (see
Mt 13:44). I received the Holy Spirit and was stunned to discover that I
loved this new lifestyle.

Repent of stifling or saddening the Spirit, whether intentionally or
unknowingly (1 Thes 5:19; Eph 4:30). Let God pour out His love in your
heart through the Holy Spirit (Rm 5:5). "Receive the Holy Spirit" (Jn
20:22).


Prayer: Jesus, You lavish the Church with unrationed outpourings of the
Spirit (Ti 3:6; Jn 3:34). May we receive the Holy Spirit in a manner
worthy of the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity.

Promise: "I have promised, and I will do it."—Ez 37:14

Praise: Mary said: "Let it be done unto me," and became a model for all
future Christians.

(This teaching was submitted by a member of our editorial team.) (The
sacraments bring us to friendship with Jesus. Come to a retreat on
"Celebrating The Sacraments With Joy" Oct. 3 & 4. Call 937-587-5464 or
513-373-2397 to register.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rescript: In accord with the "Code of Canon Law", I hereby grant my
permission to publish "One Bread, One Body" covering the period from
August 1, 2008 through September 30, 2008
†Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of
Cincinnati, February 25, 2008

The rescript is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be
free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have
granted ecclesial permission agree with the contents, opinions, or
statements expressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You can find One Bread, One Body archives, the letter to readers, OBOB
eBook edition, and an online donation form at
http://www.presentationministries.com/obob/obob.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2008 Presentation Ministries

To add your e-mail address to this list go to
http://www.presentationministries.com/general/emailList.asp

To remove your e-mail address from this list go to
http://www.presentationministries.com/general/emailList.asp?mode=r

No comments:

Post a Comment