Our Main Sponsor

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I AND I AM - One Bread, One Body, 4/2/2009

We need help promoting our Bible Telephone lines in the cities below. If
you live in one of these cities please consider promoting the number by
placing it in your church bulletin, emailing your prayer group or bible
study, etc.

Atlanta, GA (770) 521-8570
Cincinnati, OH (859) 291-7000
Cleveland, OH (440) 572-4366
Columbus, OH (614) 470-0020
Detroit, MI (734) 720-1852
Indianapolis, IN (317) 767-5413
Long Island, NY (631) 574-2413
Los Angeles, CA (213) 455-0872
Miami, FL (305) 356-7638

More information on the Bible Telephone line can be found at
http://www.presentationministries.com/bibleline/bibleline.asp


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 2, 2009, St. Francis of Paola

Genesis 17:3-9, Psalm 105:4-9, John 8:51-59
Link to Readings --> http://www.usccb.org/nab/040209.shtml

I AND I AM

"Jesus answered them: 'I solemnly declare it: before Abraham came to be, I
AM.' " —John 8:58

Jesus claims to be God. When Jesus called Himself "I AM" to a Jewish
audience, they had to either worship Him or stone Him for blasphemy. When
He also said He was before Abraham and that Abraham rejoiced to see His
day, this made Jesus' claim to be God all the more challenging (Jn
8:56-58).

In today's culture, Jesus states His claim to divinity in equally
challenging ways. He declares:
* Before "doing your own thing," I AM.
* Before "feeling good," I AM.
* Before "enjoying yourself," I AM.
* Before "feeling comfortable," I AM.
* Before "self-realization," I AM.

Jesus makes sure there are no gods besides Him (see Ex 20:3). We must deny
our "I," our ego, to acknowledge Jesus as the I AM (see Lk 9:23). We must
deny the ways and lies of the world and our pleasure-seeking lifestyle to
acknowledge Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life (Jn 14:6). We must
throw rocks (Jn 8:59) — either at the false gods of the present age (see 2
Cor 4:4) or at Jesus.


Prayer: Jesus, Lord and God, I rejoice in submitting every detail of my
life to You.

Promise: "I will maintain My covenant with you and your descendants after
you." —Gn 17:7

Praise: St. Francis of Paola heard God's call and became a teenage hermit,
and eventually had others join him to form the Minims.

(For a related teaching, order our leaflet, "Accepting Jesus as Lord,
Savior, and God", or on audio AV 43-1 or video V-43.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rescript: In accord with the "Code of Canon Law", I hereby grant my
permission to publish "One Bread, One Body" covering the period from April
1, 2009 through May 31, 2009
†Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of
Cincinnati, October 3, 2008

The rescript is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be
free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have
granted ecclesial permission agree with the contents, opinions, or
statements expressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You can find One Bread, One Body archives, the letter to readers, OBOB
eBook edition, and an online donation form at
http://www.presentationministries.com/obob/obob.asp

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2009 Presentation Ministries

To add your e-mail address to this list go to
http://www.presentationministries.com/general/emailList.asp

To remove your e-mail address from this list go to
http://www.presentationministries.com/general/emailList.asp?mode=r

No comments:

Post a Comment